Saturday, July 30, 2016

Wee Drop Inn, a popular eating place in Sumas, WA. Circa 1955 - 1970

Who remembers eating at the Wee Drop Inn?  This is a menu from the Wee Drop Inn which was north of the Sumas City Hall on the west side of Cherry Street.  It was owned and operated by Bob and Lily Breining from approximately 1955 till it's closing in 1970.  The date of this menu is unknown,but you will noticed that the most expensive meal is the T-Bone Steak with a shrimp or crab cocktail for $3.75.

Picture 1
Posted with permission from the Betty Snider Collection

Page 2
Posted with permission from the Betty Snider Collection

Page 3
Posted with permission from the Betty Snider collection

picture 4
Posted with permission of the City of Sumas.

The Wee Drop Inn is visible on the left side of the street in between the City Hall and Bromley's IGA Grocery Store.

Nooksack Nostalgia has lots of exciting news for the upcoming year.  Please check back and learn about what is happening.


4 comments:

  1. I used to eat lunch at the Wee Drop inn in the early 1940s. Russ Lambert was my great uncle and Sid Lambert was my uncle. My great great grandfather built a log cabin on the Easterbrook Road where my faher and I were born.
    I'm presently writing a book on the history of Sumas==glad to see the Sumas Museum startup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am delighted to see you are visiting my blog. I would love to talk with you about Sumas history! Can you please contact me at debbeane65@gmail.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i,am a music writer in seattle.i write for Blue Suede news magazine for 29 years. One of our writers claimed he was the bartender and bouncer at the Du drop inn in Sumas in 1961-62 NO such place in Sumas Our writer claims that Jim Reeves and hank thompson and buck owens played there ? Sumas had a population of 600 people in 1962.My brother and i want to do a story in Blue Suede News magazine about the DU drop Inn and the music= Did this place really have music in 1961-62 and was it classic counrty music

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi :) these were my grandparents:))))). I was actually wondering would you happen to have the full address of the old wee drop? I need it for a project I’m working on :) THANK YOU! :D And thank you for writing this. I loved them so much. And I remember every story they ever told me about this place. It has inspired my career as a musician, and tv personality now on Netflix, it’s called, “THE GAiL StAiRS SHoW.”

    ReplyDelete