Scanned with permission from an original postcard in a private collection.
This is a vintage postcard of Sumas from about 1913. This is looking southeast from Moe's Hill (Which was known as Parkinson's Hill at that time.) Notice that the railroad in the foreground serves as the main street. Most of the town business took advantage of the railroad and located themselves along Railroad Avenue which ran parallel along the tracks from North to South. Today the businesses are located along Cherry Street which is one block to the east of Railroad Avenue. Cherry Street is the main drive through Sumas now.